Everything you need to setup a WordPress website from scratch and configure it to your needs.
What will I get out of it?
- An Introduction to WordPress
- Installing and setting up your new WordPress website
- An orientation of WordPress
- How to customise the design and choose a WordPress Theme
- Creating Website pages, posts and an introduction to blogging
- How to entering content, links & images
- A month of free hosting afterwards, with our support
- A fully built website!
Scroll down or click here for the full WordPress Website course plan
What do I need for this?
- A laptop and power cable
- Basic computer skills
- 1 day workshop (normally Saturdays, Weekdays available)
- 10am to 4:30pm
- Tea, coffee, biscuits and lunch provided
Price & Places
- £95 +VAT per person
- Places are limited to a maximum of 6 people
We currently have no scheduled courses, so please click the blue button below to register your interest and we will keep you up to date.
An Introduction to WordPress
- WordPress worldwide usage
- WordPress for blogging
- WordPress as a Content Management System (CMS)
- WordPress & Ecommerce
- Other uses for WordPress
- Choosing a hosting provider
- Low-cost hosts
- Managed hosts
- Setting up WordPress yourself in five minutes with a low-cost provider (not us)!
- The WordPress dashboard
- Updating Your WordPress profile (includes changing your password)
- Configuring your general, discussion, permalink, privacy, reading, writing and miscellaneous settings
Customising Your Design
- Choosing themes; free and paid
- Installing themes
- Changing colours
- Managing Widgets
Creating Website Pages
- Adding, editing and deleting pages.
- Managing menus
WordPress Posts & Blogging
- The difference between posts and pages
- Adding, editing and deleting posts.
- Categorising posts
- Blogging with WordPress
Entering Content, Links & Images
- Writing text and using the editor
- Creating links
- Inserting images and files
- Managing the Media Library
Customising your WordPress site further
- User accounts & managing WordPress users
- Permission levels and logins
- WordPress plugins; what they are how to use them
- Choosing plugins and where to find them
- Some essential plugins to help you;
- Twitter and Facebook WordPress plugins,
- Google Analytics