This beginner’s course for WordPress will give you the essential and basic skills to take control of and edit your website.
What will I get out of it?
- An Introduction to WordPress
- An orientation of WordPress
- Creating website pages, posts and an introduction to blogging
- How to entering content, links & images
- A month of free hosting afterwards, with our support
- Hopefully, a fully built website!
Scroll down or click here for the full WordPress Essentials course plan
What do I need for this?
- A laptop and power cable
- Basic computer skills
- Half day workshop (Saturdays and Weekdays available)
- Morning Courses: 10am to 1pm or
- Afternoon Courses: 2pm to 5pm
- Tea, coffee and biscuits provided
Price & Places
- £55 +VAT per person
- Places are limited to a maximum of 6 people
A Brief Introduction to WordPress
- WordPress worldwide usage
- WordPress for blogs
- WordPress as a Content Management System (CMS)
- WordPress & Ecommerce
- Other uses for WordPress
- The WordPress dashboard
- Updating Your WordPress profile (includes changing your password)
- Configuring your general, discussion, permalink, privacy, reading, writing and miscellaneous settings
Creating Website Pages
- Adding, editing and deleting pages.
- Managing menus
WordPress Posts & Blogging
- The difference between posts and pages
- Adding, editing and deleting posts.
- Categorising posts
- Blogging with WordPress
Entering Content, Links & Images
- Writing text and using the editor
- Creating links
- Inserting images and files
- Managing the Media Library